L’expérience du « retour sur la terre » chez Malraux
Un état mystique ?
- Publication type: Article from a collective work
- Collective work: Roman mystique, mystiques romanesques aux xxe et xxie siècles
- Author: Sunnen (Myriam)
- Abstract: In several of Malraux’s novels, and especially in Les Noyers de l’Altenburg, there are scenes showing characters who rediscover life after encountering death. These scenes, that Malraux himself calls « returns to the earth », will be compared with the kind of experience analysed by Michel Hulin in his book La Mystique sauvage (Wild Mysticism) but also with the impression of mere appearance that Malraux describes in some of his texts and which is closely linked to his agnosticism.
- Pages: 401 to 415
- Last edition: 2018
- Collection: Encounters, n° 290
- Subcollection: Twentieth and twenty-first century literature, n° 28
- ISBN: 978-2-406-06657-6
- ISSN: 2103-5636
- DOI: 10.15122/isbn.978-2-406-06659-0.p.0401
- Publisher: Classiques Garnier
- Parution date: 08-29-2018
- Language: French