Dal fabliau alla novella
Processi di riscrittura nell’ "fanciullo di neve"
- Publication type: Article from a collective work
- Collective work: Raconter en prose. xive-xvie siècle
- Author: Lunardi (Serena)
- Abstract: The snow boy is one of the most widespread narrative motifs in Latin scholastic and clerical milieu. The author of the Enfant qui fut remis au soleil belongs to this tradition; his fabliau is considered in turn the direct source of XIX tale of the Cent nouvelles nouvelles. A comparison between these two texts allows to reconsider the fabliau’s literary value and to appreciate the short story as an original outcome of the combination of different sources.
- Pages: 367 to 396
- Last edition: 2017
- Collection: Encounters, n° 279
- Subcollection: Medieval civilization, n° 21
- ISBN: 978-2-406-05989-9
- ISSN: 2103-5636
- DOI: 10.15122/isbn.978-2-406-05991-2.p.0367
- Publisher: Classiques Garnier
- Parution date: 07-05-2017
- Language: Italian