Du perchoir à l’Élysée
Affirmation de la souveraineté parlementaire ou expression d’un vote majoritaire ?
- Publication type: Article from a collective work
- Collective work: Les Présidents de l’Assemblée nationale de 1789 à nos jours
- Author: Bujadoux (Jean-Félix de)
- Abstract: If only four presidents of the Chamber have reached the Élysée, Grévy and Deschanel, elected by a Parliament anxious to affirm its constitutional supremacy, incarnated the Parliament at the Élysée in terms of impartial arbitrators respectful of parliamentary laws. The president of a majority, Casimir-Périer, elected against his will, and resigning six months after his election, shows, like Millerand in 1924, that the president of the Republic in an assembly regime cannot be a “combative president”.
- Pages: 99 to 112
- Last edition: 2015
- Collection: Encounters, n° 157
- Subcollection: History, n° 1
- ISBN: 978-2-8124-5019-8
- ISSN: 2103-5636
- DOI: 10.15122/isbn.978-2-8124-5021-1.p.0099
- Publisher: Classiques Garnier
- Parution date: 01-27-2016
- Language: French