Comment écrit-on l’histoire de son Église?
Les chartes et leur usage dans les Gesta episcoporum Cameracensium de l’évêque Gérard Ier d’Arras-Cambrai (1012-1051)
- Publication type: Article from a collective work
- Collective work: L’Écriture de l’histoire au Moyen Âge. Contraintes génériques, contraintes documentaires
- Author: Ruffini-Ronzani (Nicolas)
- Abstract: Probably composed between 1023 and 1025, the Gesta episcoporum Cameracensium by Gérard de Cambrai participated in a strategy which sought to restore episcopal authority, supported by earlier documents which must be identified before the methods of their integration into the wider project can be demonstrated. The objective of this article is to determine how Gérard and his collaborators used these documents and narratives by conferring on them a new meaning.
- Pages: 219 to 233
- Last edition: 2015
- Collection: Encounters, n° 135
- Subcollection: Medieval civilization, n° 15
- ISBN: 978-2-8124-4817-1
- ISSN: 2103-5636
- DOI: 10.15122/isbn.978-2-8124-4819-5.p.0219
- Publisher: Classiques Garnier
- Parution date: 11-19-2015
- Language: French