L’Histoire des Lombards de Paul Diacre, modèle de l’Ystoire de li Normant d’Aimé du Mont-Cassin ?
Imitations et emprunts, écarts et distorsions
- Publication type: Article from a collective work
- Collective work: L’Écriture de l’histoire au Moyen Âge. Contraintes génériques, contraintes documentaires
- Author: Guéret-Laferté (Michèle)
- Abstract: In his preface/dedication to the Abbé Didier, Aimé du Mont-Cassin, the author of the Ystoire de li Normant (c. 1080), explicitly refers to the example of Paul Diacre in order to justify his historiographic enterprise. This article studies the influence of this model on the historical writing practised by the monk of Mont-Cassin as well as the way in which the latter shaped his documentary material by way of a French translation composed in the fourteenth century in the milieu of the Angevins of Naples.
- Pages: 73 to 87
- Last edition: 2015
- Collection: Encounters, n° 135
- Subcollection: Medieval civilization, n° 15
- ISBN: 978-2-8124-4817-1
- ISSN: 2103-5636
- DOI: 10.15122/isbn.978-2-8124-4819-5.p.0073
- Publisher: Classiques Garnier
- Parution date: 11-19-2015
- Language: French