What is the History of Construction?
- Publication type: Article from a collective work
- Collective work: L’Histoire de la construction / Construction History. Tome II. Relevé d’un chantier européen / Survey of a European Building Site
- Author: Summerson (John)
- Abstract: This text is the editorial of the first issue of Construction History. The article suggests a two-part definition: the history of structural design and the history of constructive practices. The interest of the history of construction relates to the fact that it involves a large variety of people: those in the world of construction, which stretches from producers of materials to builders, including transporters, experts, insurance companies, and organizations for the protection of inventions.
- Pages: 535 to 537
- ISBN: 978-2-406-08245-3
- ISSN: 2264-458X
- DOI: 10.15122/isbn.978-2-406-08245-3.p.0021
- Publisher: Classiques Garnier
- Collection: History of Technology
- Parution date: 07-09-2018
- Last edition: 2018
- Language: English
Article from a collective work: Previous 3/51 Next
Availability: Available Temporarily unavailable Out of print
Regular Price: 4.00 €
Sorry but this combination does not exist.