Platon peut-il nous aider à mieux comprendre le totalitarisme moderne ?
- Publication type: Journal article
- Journal: Éthique, politique, religions
2012, n° 1. Le prisme du totalitarisme
- Author: Delsart (Didier)
- Abstract: The following article contests the common interpretation that Popper’s arguments would have turn out to be an anachronism by qualifying Plato’s political program of totalitarian. Such an interpretation is mistaken about the very meaning of The Open Society and Its Enemies because it is based on the principle that totalitarianism is a specifically modern phenomenon, which is exactly what Popper disputes. In fact, the survey of the political program of Plato, leads Popper to renew in depth the approach of the totalitarian phenomenon by conceiving it as a reaction to the emergence of the open society and thus to the birth, in Athens, of our Western civilization.
- Pages: 145 to 159
- Journal: Ethics, Politics, Religions, n° 1
- ISBN: 978-2-8124-0882-3
- ISSN: 2271-7234
- DOI: 10.15122/isbn.978-2-8124-0882-3.p.0145
- Publisher: Classiques Garnier
- Online parution: 02-21-2013
- Periodicity: Biannual
- Language: French
- Keywords: totalitarianism, open society, strain, comradeship, responsibility