Multiplier les seuils, montages et compilations.
Devenirs d’une mise en prose du xive siècle
- Publication type: Article from a collective work
- Collective work: Raconter en prose. xive-xvie siècle
- Authors: Albert (Sophie), Deschellette-Frasca (Émilie)
- Abstract: This article examines the textual editing of the aetiological narrative of the founding of Albion in Jean de Wavrin’s Chroniques d’Angleterre, in the Bourguignonne compilation of Guiron le Courtois and the printed version of Perceforest. As it was rewritten in prose in the 15th and 16th centuries, the prologal status and aetiological dimension of this text evolved, which brought about variations in terms of reception. The textual palimpsest leads to a competition between literary thresholds, testifying to the narrative and axiological plasticity of the narrative.
- Pages: 325 to 337
- Last edition: 2017
- Collection: Encounters, n° 279
- Subcollection: Medieval civilization, n° 21
- ISBN: 978-2-406-05989-9
- ISSN: 2103-5636
- DOI: 10.15122/isbn.978-2-406-05991-2.p.0325
- Publisher: Classiques Garnier
- Parution date: 07-05-2017
- Language: French