Une pièce de théâtre peut-elle être un prêche ?
Le sermon dans une pièce protestante et sa représentation (1533-1563)
- Publication type: Article from a collective work
- Collective work: Prédication et performance du xiie au xvie siècle
- Author: Lavéant (Katell)
- Abstract: The role of drama in the spreading of Reformation ideas remains greatly underestimated. Details of a polemic performance nearby Lille in 1563 show the links between protestant preaching and militant drama, in a context of a repressive legislation. Thanks to a study of the sermons in the play Vérité as well as the documented reactions of the audience, we see can how the stage could be used as a way of relaying the word of the preacher. One can thus understand the role that such a performance could play in the religious conflicts taking place in the Southern Low Countries in the 1560’s.
- Pages: 251 to 272
- Last edition: 2013
- Collection: Encounters, n° 65
- Subcollection: Medieval civilization, n° 8
- ISBN: 978-2-8124-1240-0
- ISSN: 2103-5636
- DOI: 10.15122/isbn.978-2-8124-1242-4.p.0251
- Publisher: Classiques Garnier
- Parution date: 12-04-2013
- Language: French