La présidence de Gambetta (1879-1881)
Un tournant politique ?
- Publication type: Article from a collective work
- Collective work: Les Présidents de l’Assemblée nationale de 1789 à nos jours
- Author: Grévy (Jérôme)
- Abstract: While Gambetta held the presidency for thirty-three months, his biographers privilege his functions at the head of the national defence, then the “great ministry”. The Republicans privilege the Chamber and the presidency. Despite his attempts at impartiality, Gambetta is considered the leader of the majority; he is contested by radicals and moderates who reproach him for his “dictatorship”. “Absolute parliamentary government” is collegial and limits the presidency of the Chamber to the chairing of debates.
- Pages: 49 to 66
- Last edition: 2015
- Collection: Encounters, n° 157
- Subcollection: History, n° 1
- ISBN: 978-2-8124-5019-8
- ISSN: 2103-5636
- DOI: 10.15122/isbn.978-2-8124-5021-1.p.0049
- Publisher: Classiques Garnier
- Parution date: 01-27-2016
- Language: French